Geert M. Piferoen
– Graduate of Hotel & Restaurant Culinary School, Ypres, Belgium (1975)
– The Schmid & Wilson Group Inc. 11409 Cronhill Drive, Suite K Owings Mills, MD 21117 www.theswg.com (15 March 2006)
Executive Chef, responsible for test kitchen, all demo in the test kitchen and in the field, on the equipment lines we represent
– FREE AGENT. (1 November 15 March 2006) Consulting for Vulcan-Hart, Victory, Stellar steam ad Luxine induction. Catering diners for Diplomats around Washington DC. And preparing lunches for the executive dining room at the Washington Post.
– ELECTROLUX PROFESSIONAL NORTH AMERICA 3225 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312. (1 June 2005, to 1 November 2005). Corporate Executive Chef, responsible for the Culinary Event Center in Fort Lauderdale, Al demos and events at the CEC. Demos around the country, Mid. and South America. Responsible and train all Certified Chefs of North and South America.
– VULCAN – HART 3600 North Point Blvd. Baltimore, MD. 21222, (1 Feb 1999, to 1 June 2005). Director Cooking Equipment Research Development and Corporate Executive Chef, responsible for the main demo kitchen, demos around the country and presentations of all Vulcan-Hart equipment, testing and supervise design of all new equipment. And evaluate existing equipment. Control field-tests on new equipment.
– EMBASSY of BELGIUM Washington, D.C. (March 1991 to 1 Feb. 1999). As the Executive Chef, responsible for private and official catering and meals for the Embassy, staff, and the diplomatic corps, including diplomat receptions and state diners. The cuisine features both “Modern cuisine of Belgium” and “Traditional European.” Responsibilities include management of the entire kitchen and facilities, staffing, service procedures, purchasing, cost/payroll, menu, planning, training, and annual forecasting/budget.
– THE DEN BIJLANDER. Flanders, Belgium (May 1985 to February 1991). Owner/Chef of a gastronomic restaurant which received 14/20 and a “Red Toque” rating in the GAULT et MILLAUT restaurant guide. Was fully responsible for the restaurant management, purchasing, marketing and service. Also provided private catering to exclusive clients. Received excellent reviews from professional French and Belgian food critics.
– CULINARY INSTITUTE. Ypres, Belgium (May 1985 to February 1991). Executive Chef Instructor.
– RECOMMENDATIONS. – http://www.pressurecookerpros.com/instant-pot-pressure-cookers/
– CULINARY INSTITUTE. Brugge, Belgium (1983 to 1984). Executive Chef Instructor. Responsible for the restaurant “The Caserolle”.
– KRUISHOEVE RESTAURANT. Diksmuide, Belgium (July 1984 to April 1985). Executive Chef. Independent restaurant featuring regional cuisine of Belgium. In charge of entire culinary operation.
– WIENHAUS MUFFENDORF RESTAURANT. Bonn,Germany (1984). Executive Chef. Restaurant specializing in traditional German cuisine.